Licensing & Permitting
- A contractor or subcontractor who holds a license under the Maryland home improvement law is not required to hold a construction license issued by the Clerk of the Circuit Court. (www.marylandtaxes.com)
- New home builders must register with the Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General. (www.oag.state.md.us)
- Contractors must display their home improvement license number on all their home improvement contracts, trucks, and advertisements.
- Home improvement contracts cannot require the payment of more than one third of the total contract price at the time of signing the contract.
- Arbitration clauses in contracts must be clearly disclosed and initialed by both parties.
- Licensees must notify the Executive Director of the Commission within 10 days of a change of address, trade name or ownership of the business by certified mail, return receipt requested.
- Checks sent to the commission with applications go directly to a bank due to auditing requirements. A cancelled check is not proof of licensure. Only the hard copy of the actual license is proof of licensure.
The Landscape Design Center is here to work with you every step of the way. We worry, so you don’t have to. Contact us today at 410-956-5292 or email@example.com